Why BCFN for your Master's degree?
The MSc in Nanoscience & Functional Nanomaterials includes many of the first year units from our successful 4-year PhD programme. The interdisciplinary MSc programme will equip students with the skills, knowledge and expertise to become practitioners in Nanoscience, whether in industry or academia. The masters course is fully configurable for company employees who need to develop their training.
Bristol is a truly unique environment for a 1-year Masters training in Nanoscience and Functional Nanomaterials.
- Excellence in Training - the BCFN offers novel and innovative postgraduate training in Nanoscience to highest possible scientific and professional standards equipping you for future careers in Science, Technology, and Business
- Excellence in facilities and infrastructure – we are based in the new state-of-the-art Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information – the lowest vibration Nanoscience building in the world
- Excellence in Research - the BCFN represents more than 100 academics from 13 academic departments, a rich and diverse interdisciplinary mix to ensure your research is at the cutting edge. The 2008 National Research Assessment Exercise confirmed the University of Bristol Science Faculty as one of the top 3 in the UK.
- Your experience at Bristol and your study and research is supported by dedicated staff and student support including the Accommodation Office and International Office
- The University of Bristol is a leading international University – the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked Bristol at 66 in the world, The Times of London ranked Bristol 13th in Europe, and in a Europe-wide study Die Zeit newspaper rated Bristol as “Excellent” in all the Sciences
- Bristol has an extremely high quality of life – cheaper than London, but well-connected by rail and road. We are situated in the heart of the beautiful south west of England. The University is uniquely positioned a few minutes walk away from the historic and cultural centre of Bristol, but with many green spaces and the countryside just a few kilometres away.